Whales, Wildlife & Spectacular Scenery!
Driving From Vancouver
To get to us from Vancouver you first need to take a BC ferry from the mainland to Vancouver Island. There are two ferries that run between Vancouver and Nanaimo:
- If you are coming from the US border or from the airport, take the ferry that runs from Twawwassen (south of Vancouver) to Duke Point (which is 20 minutes south of Nanaimo by car).
- Coming from central or northern parts of Vancouver, take the ferry from the Horseshoe Bay terminal just north of Vancouver to Departure Bay in Nanaimo.
The ferry crossing takes about 1 hour 35 minutes.
Driving From Nanaimo
- Follow Highway 19 to the Parksville/Port Alberni exit for Highway 4 west.
- Drive through Port Alberni and follow signs to Ucluelet/Tofino.
- Turn left at the junction of Highway 4 and the Pacific Rim Highway.
- After 8 km the highway turns into Peninsula Rd.
Once In Ucluelet
Allow 35 minutes for the drive from Tofino
- Follow Peninsula Road, turn left down Main Street at the road opposite the large Co-op grocery store
- At the bottom of Main Street you can park near the large red-roof building at Whiskey Landing
- Meet us in front of Rubio jewelry Store (see “Where to Meet”)
Try to top this. Bet you can’t
“I’ve been on several dozen whale watch trips and enjoyed all of them, but this five hour+ trip with Al and Toddy on their beautiful boat has got to be the best I could have imagined.If you are anywhere near Ucluelet and have a day to spend, don’t miss this opportunity”