While there have been some welcome changes & loosening of restrictions in recent months, we continue to be mindful of everyone’s safety and base our policies on the guidelines as put forward by the BC government and health authorities.
Most of all, we are thrilled to once again be able to welcome guests from the US and other parts of the world. Welcome back – we missed you!
Some of the more important changes are as follows:
- Masks are once again required in public indoor settings.
- What this means on your tour with us: You will not be required to wear a mask in any of the outside viewing areas (where our guests spend most of the day), however we so ask you to wear a mask when inside the cabin.
- We also ask that anyone who is 12 years or older and not fully vaccinated wears a mask when within close proximity of guests who are not part of their group. (Fully vaccinated means two weeks after the second shot).
- Children under 12 do not require masks.
Proof of Vaccination
- As of September 13, 2021 the vaccine card program begins in BC,which means proof of at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine will be required in a lot of public settings. We ask you to bring proof of vaccination (partial/one or full/two doses).
Cleaning and sanitising
- We are continuing with extra cleaning and sanitizing duties before, during and after each tour.
- All frequently touched surfaces such as counters, washroom, door handles, drinks serving stations will be frequently sanitised.
- Hand sanitizer is available at various locations on the boat.
Physical distancing/ space on the boat
- There is enough room to keep some distance from others if you wish.
- At lunch time tables will be set up outside and slightly apart to allow you to distance from others if you wish.
- Please mention any concerns to us when you book, so that we can ensure your safety and comfort.
- Please be mindful of other guests. Since people are at different levels of vaccinations and everyone is moving ahead at a different pace, please respect other guests’ comfort level. That way we can all enjoy the day aboard our beautiful boat to its fullest!
- Alan & Toddy(owner operators) are fully vaccinated.
We look forward to welcoming you aboard the “Raincoast Maiden”!