We’re jumping with excitement! Following this week’s announcement of BC’s restart plan, we will soon be able to open for the season. We look forward to welcoming guests aboard our boat for a tour unlike any other! Stay tuned as we will soon post our start up date.
Whales, Wildlife & Spectacular Scenery!
We feel both honoured and excited to have won Lux Life’s 2021 Travel & Tourism Award for “Best Marine Wildlife Tour Operator in BC”. Many thanks to the person who nominated us, as well as the team of judges. It is nice to receive some good news during these uncertain times. Let’s hope we are able to put our skills to good use in 2021!
GOOD NEWS!! (And yes, you did read that correctly)
- You will NOT be squeezed into a small, confined area with fellow passengers (who are not part of your group) for hours on end!
- Our boat is spacious, and we will limit the number of guests to ensure that you will feel safe and comfortable throughout the tour.
- It will be easy to distance from fellow passengers since most of our guests spend most of the day outside in one of three separate outside viewing areas (a large bow area, covered back deck and large upper deck which is partially covered).
- Limiting passenger numbers will ensure that there lots of room to space out tables when we anchor at lunch time to serve the gourmet meal.
How will the tour differ from the way you have run it other years?
For our guests, hardly at all as most of the changes will be done by us:
- We will limit the number of guests to ensure physical distancing is easily possible.
- Everyone will be asked to wear a mask inside the cabin or when within 2m of another person (inside or outside)
- Most of the changes will be done “behind the scenes” (for example extra cleaning duties before, during & after each tour) so you will hardly notice them.
- BEST OF ALL: The wildlife sightings and spectacular scenery will be exactly as it always has been!!
What will we ask of you?
Will ask you:
- To contact us immediately if you experience Covid related symptoms or have come into contact with anyone diagnosed with Covid-19 after you have made a reservation with us.
- Answer a short health questionnaire at check in
- Stay at least 2m from fellow passengers or staff when outside (if possible)
- Wear a mask at certain times (see details below)
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently and avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth.
- To be considerate towards your fellow passengers, our staff member and us, and everyone in our community 😊
Will you have to wear a mask?
Yes, we will ask you to wear a mask (covering both nose and mouth) but only at certain times:
- During check in, i.e., while we perform a verbal health check and take payment (if you have not already paid in advance)
- Any time you go inside the cabin (for example during the short orientation, to use the toilet, to get a coffee or tea or if you just want to come inside to warm up)
- Any time you are in a situation where it is not possible to stay at least 2 m apart from guests that are not part of your group (for example during wildlife sightings, when moving past other tables at lunch time)
We request that you bring your own mask but do have extra ones if needed. Please note that masks are mandatory in the above situations.
- You will not be permitted aboard within 14 days of showing symptoms of Covid-19 or if you are required to quarantine or isolate for any reason, including the following:
– if you have been outside of Canada,
– if you have been in contact with anyone who has just returned from abroad
– if you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19
(If you have an advance booking, please contact us immediately if your situation regarding the above changes within 14 days of the tour date.)
- At check in you will have to confirm that you are not experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 and have not been instructed to quarantine or self-isolate.
- Our staff member as well as Alan & I (your hosts) will sign confirmation of not showing any symptoms each day.
Cleaning & Sanitizing
We will add extra cleaning and sanitizing duties into daily routine, i.e., before, during and after each tour (in accordance with public health authorities and WorkSafeBC). This will include:
- Frequently cleaning/sanitizing all frequently touched surfaces such as counters, washroom, door handles, drinks serving station
- All items used by guests will be sanitized between trips and/ or laundered and/ or taken off the boat and not reused for 3 days.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at various locations on the boat. Each person will also be asked to sanitize their hands each time before stepping inside the cabin.
Please feel free to contact us if you wish to see our full safety plan or if you have any further questions or concerns.
We look forward to welcoming you aboard this season!
Alan & Toddy Landry